I’ll tell you right up front: this recipe borrows heavily from Elana Amsterdam’s Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins. Thing is, I link to it so often, with my variations, that I figured it’d be easier to just post how I make them. Thank you for creating these, Elana! I love them oh-so-much!
My husband LOVES muffins, & he especially loves them with strawberries. Personally, I love a good old-fashioned blueberry muffin, but I’m not picky. Sometimes I make these with my usual Sunday morning cook-a-thon, & they never seem to last long enough.
Coconut flour muffins
gluten-free, high fiber – makes eight muffins
What you need:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup fruit, thawed if frozen (blueberries, strawberries, peaches, blackberries – the possibilities are endless!)
How to do it:
- Melt butter
- Mix all ingredients, except fruit, together in a large bowl.
- Allow to rest for about five minutes.
- Stir in fruit.
- GREASE muffin pan or muffin liners with butter. Without it, the muffin sticks to the liners in a most unfortunate way.
- Pour batter into muffin pan/liners. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
Enjoy! Next time you have a staff meeting or other engagement that will include donuts, bagels, & the like, take these along. They’re quite divine with a nice cup of English Breakfast tea…