Did you know that avocados are one of THE BEST things out there? It’s fabulous for your skin, thanks to all that good fat, & has all sorts of great vitamins & minerals. & the best part is, it’s DELICIOUS! Enter the guacamole, one of life’s absolute pleasures. Just please, don’t buy it in the store – it’s easy to make! & this recipe, I promise you, is DELICIOUS.
reminiscent of Chipotle’s famous recipe
Here’s what you need:
- 5 avocados
- 1-2 jalapenos, diced into tiny pieces (I use scissors to ensure it’s really tiny)
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped into small pieces
- juice of half a lime
- sea salt to taste
How to do it:
- Cut up avocado. Using an immersion blender, mash the avocado into a deliciously green paste.
- Mix in jalapeno. Word of caution: try your guac before you toss in more jalapeno, especially if you’ve never made it before. I may have made the mistake of making it too spicy once, prompting the need to run for more avocados.
- Be sure to wash your hands after touching jalapeno, & DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES BEFORE DOING SO!
- Add rest of ingredients & mix well. (Feel free to add more cilantro than listed; it is, after all, one of the yummiest herbs ever. I weep for those don’t like it.)
You can eat it right away, but I find that it’s better after about an hour, so everything has had a chance to really mix together. Eat it quick, though – guacamole doesn’t last long. It’s always sad when it’s turned. Serve with veggies, tortilla chips, or on top of a yummy buritto bowl. Or, you know, just eat it with a spoon. Enjoy!